Sunday, August 7, 2011

Social Sponge Logic

Some could say that I am a.... "Anti-Social" Person.  However, I consider myself, not "Anti-Social" but instead, a "Social Sponge".  A lot of people would say, "But surely that means that I LIKE social situations??"  Now, I want you to imagine, a sponge.  A sponge is designed to hold water, does it want to hold water?  Who knows, you'd have to ask a sponge with a brain. . .  And that is a scary thought.

I imagine quite a few of you are confused as to what the heck I am going on about!  Well, as people, we are forced into social situations and our entire life is based around meeting people and working together.  I have reached that stage in my life where I have absorbed so much "Social" life that I could not possibly take any more on board.  (Just like a sponge with soapy water!)  During our lives we go from our homes, to many social establishments, from schools to workplaces to pubs and clubs.  We are social creatures! 

At times, when we "Social Sponges" do get full, and there is one way to fix this.  New people, new things!  We need new stuff!  New shiny impressive stuff to talk about!  Which. . . (and here is the brick wall). . . can be difficult.  We get bored with people, it's too much, heck why would I want to go out and meet MORE people to make my sponge start to drip and awful lot?  We get what I like to call, "Drip Syndrome".  We feel that meeting new people will not help the problem, it'll just increase the intensity of the problem.

So, quick summary:

"Social Sponge"    ~ Gets too much social intake, and gets social overloads.

"People"                ~ Social creatures, talk a lot. . . and dance.

"Drip Syndrome"    ~ A social overload, and feel 'more' will not fix the problem.

OK, now back to the point.  If you have a friend who is a social sponge, you honestly would not be able to tell unless they screamed at you "I'M A SOCIAL SPONGE!" while being casually dragged away to the mental institute.  But, if you do happen to work it out, don't let them get bored or stuck in social routines.  Why?  'Cause they suck. . .  It is easy to get bored with social life, especially when you are talking to the same people about the same things day-in, day-out.  Every once in a while, we need a good squeeze!  (Metaphoric of course!) 

Cure?  None really, just keep things interesting!  Or the "Social Sponge" might hold the same water for too long. . . And get all scummy. . .  Then it would start growing Social Parasites. . !

And we don't want THAT now do we?  

No comments:

Post a Comment